Sky Sports – Rohit Sharma hit a brilliant 94 off 52 balls as defending champions Mumbai Indians beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 46 runs to claim their first win of IPL 11.
- Having been 0-2 after two deliveries, Mumbai recovered superbly to post 213-6 after Rohit and Evin Lewis (65 off 42 balls) had put on 108 for the third wicket.
- Lewis reached his half-century with a huge six over midwicket in the ninth over but was dismissed looking for another in the 12th, sending the ball high into the Mumbai sky off Corey Anderson and Quinton de Kock was underneath it as the ball returned to earth.
- The decision was reviewed and despite UltraEdge showing a murmur as the ball passed the bat, it was overturned, much to the frustration of Woakes and Kohli – and that frustration only grew as Pandya hit the next two balls for six.
- Krunal Pandya (3-28) went one better than McClenaghan as he took the next two RCB wickets in two balls, Mandeep Singh stumped and Corey Anderson caught in the deep, before removing Washington Sundar in his next over.
- Mumbai were in complete control but had a scare midway through the innings as wicketkeeper Kishan was hit in the eye in a freak incident that saw the ball bounce up out of a foot hole from Hardik Pandya’s throw.