The Daily Star – Bangladesh – The pitch has been the centre of attention in both venues as the fifth round of the Bangladesh Cricket League started on green, grass-covered decks that have certainly encouraged the bowlers on the first day yesterday.
- Central Zone pacer Ebadat Hossain’s career-best figures of four for 32 from 12 overs along with another four-for from left-arm spinner Mosharraf Hossain helped bundle out South for 191.
- Earlier, despite a flying start by openers Anamul Haque and Fazle Mahmud that realised 64 runs for the opening wicket inside 11 overs, South Zone lost their way.
- In-form Tushar Imran also fell cheaply, for 14, to Mosharraf while Ebadat picked up the wickets of Mohammad Mithun (18) and Nurul Hasan (28) as South Zone were teetering on 167 for seven.
- North Zone’s young left-hander Nazmul Hossain Shanto then displayed great patience and skill to negotiate the dual bounce on offer — with the ball keeping low at times — to reach his fifty after play resumed.
- South Zone: First innings 191 all out (Anamul 23, Mahmud 40, Imrul 26, Nurul 28, Mosaddek 21 not out; Salauddin 2-50, Ebadat 4-32, Mosharraf 4-57)Central Zone: First innings 154 for 2 (Saif 30, Shadman 66 not out, Mazid 44; Nayeem 1-43, Razzak 1-51)North Zone: First innings 204 for 5 (Mizanur 46, Nazmul 73, Jahurul 43 not out, Ariful 17 not out; Ashraful 2-22, Shohag 2-60)