Press and Journal, The (Aberdeen, Scotland) – Aberdeenshire Cricket Club has been rocked by the loss of their teenage bowling star, Connor Shorten, to domestic rivals Grange.
- Aberdeenshire Cricket Club has been rocked by the loss of their teenage bowling star, Connor Shorten, to domestic rivals Grange.
- The news was confirmed yesterday, less than a fortnight before the start of the 2018 season, and comes as a blow for the Mannofield club, which has seen other promising talents move to the central belt in recent years.
- Shorten, 17, has already been recognised by Scotland at age group level, is involved with Cricket Scotland’s under-19 squad, and was Aberdeenshire’s Young Player of the Year in 2017.
- He started playing for Keith in the North of Scotland Cricket Association while still at primary school, but moved from Huntly to Aberdeenshire in 2013 and made his first XI debut in 2015, aged 15.
- “He represented Scotland under-17s last year and is currently involved with the under-19 programme.”