The Telegraph – The 10-ball over in the new England & Wales Cricket Board competition could be bowled by up to three bowlers.
- The 10-ball over in the new England & Wales Cricket Board competition could be bowled by up to three bowlers.
- The use of multiple bowlers for the 10-ball over is one of several ideas being floated.
- County sources have indicated the innovative 10-ball over could be bowled by more than one bowler adding an extra tactical dimension for a captain who could replace a bowler who is being hit around by the opposition.
- It remains to be seen if this will be approved by the ECB who will fear swapping bowlers could slow down play and one of the chief reasons for shortening the competition from the Twenty20 format is to quicken up the over rate making it more attractive to families and broadcasters.
- But if it is approved it will mean a captain can change bowlers during an over which at the moment is only allowable if a bowler is injured or taken out of the attack for disciplinary reasons such as bowling beamers.