The Blackpool Gazette – Blackpool Cricket Club made a winning start to the Northern Premier League season, while there were draws for Fleetwood and St Annes on the opening day.
- Blackpool Cricket Club made a winning start to the Northern Premier League season, while there were draws for Fleetwood and St Annes on the opening day.
- New Blackpool pro Jovaun van Wyngaardt arrived from South Africa just in time to play but it was another debutant, the former St Annes captain Matt Grindley, who took the bowling honours as Barrow were put in and dismissed in 45.3 overs for 102.
- An opening stand of 110 between Matt Houston (65) and Ciaran Johnson (56) laid a platform for Blackpool to reach 188-2 from their 40 overs before dismissing the Palace Shield club for 146, Jake Muncaster taking 4-33.
- Chasing a modest 133, Lytham were on course for victory in the ECB premier league as a fifth-wicket partnership of 43 between Toby Lester and new signing from Blackpool Tom Jefferson (20) took them to 109.
- Lytham cruised into the second round of the ECB National Club Championship with an eight-wicket home win over Northern League new boys Fulwood and Broughton.