Indian Express – By:
PTI | Mumbai | Published: April 23, 2018 8:40:34 India are to tour England, from late June, for a full tour comprising T20s, ODIs and then Tests.
- Playing white ball cricket before plunging into the five-Test rubber against hosts England gives the Indian cricketers sufficient time to get used to the conditions in Old Blighty, said head coach Ravi Shastri today.
- “(Former Australia captain) Michael (Clarke) and I had a chat earlier (today) that we (Indian team) will be there (in England) almost a month before the first Test match.
- Shastri was happy that problems regarding lack of time for acclimatisation for an overseas Test rubber, as was the case before the Indian team’s tour of South Africa, have now been addressed by the Indian Cricket Board and CoA.
- “Well before we went to South Africa, I told you clearly the next 15 months was going to define this Indian cricket team.
- Rohit, who was part of the Test and the limited over team in South Africa, said that the team will continue to play an aggressive brand of cricket as they did on that tour.