New Indian Express – Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar Michael Clarke and Ravi Shashtri at the launch of book ‘Eleven God and a Billion Indians’ authored by Boria Majumdar in Mumbai on Monday.
- | PTIMUMBAI: With Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft serving bans varying from one year to nine months imposed by Cricket Australia, former Australia skipper Micheal Clarke feels the need for the team to rebuild quickly for the tough series against India later this year.
- They need to find a way and start to rebuild really quickly because it is a massive series considering we have never lost to India in Australia,” said Smith at a book launch here today.
- Without Smith and Warner to bolster the hosts cricket experts, including ex-captain of Australia, Ian Chappell, feel that this is the best chance for India to win its maiden Test series Down Under.
- Clarke said he would not like an Indian Test series victory over Australia to be undermined by talks over his country not being able to field a strong team due to the ban imposed on the trio.
- But I would hate to see that if India do have success in Australia for it to be taken away due to the absence of the three players.