GiveMeSport – Alastair Cook has revealed the moment England suspected Australia of ball-tampering during the 2017/18 Ashes.
- Alastair Cook has revealed the moment England suspected Australia of ball-tampering during the 2017/18 Ashes.
- In March 2018, Australian cricket came under fire during and after the third Test match against South Africa in Cape Town, as opening batsman Cameron Bancroft was caught sandpapering one side of the ball by television cameras.
- In an article with Mirror Sport, former captain of the England Test and One-Day International team Alastair Cook explained when he and his side began to grow suspicious that something similar was going on during the Ashes series.
- Cook revealed there was some question marks on how, despite wet conditions which would normally not help the play, Australia managed to get the ball reversing.
- England failed to defend their title, which they won in 2015, as Australia would go on to win the five-match series 4–0, with Smith also being awarded Player of the Series.