Indian Express – By:
PTI | Updated: April 25, 2018 8:48:29 Virat Kohli will play for Surrey in the county prior to India’s tour of England.
- Afghanistan Cricket Board CEO Shafiq Stanikzai on Wednesday said it would be a dream come true to begin their Test journey against India but they would “miss” playing against Virat Kohli.
- India skipper Kohli will not be part of Afghanistan’s debut Test, which is scheduled to be played at Bengaluru’s Chinnaswamy Stadium from 14 June, as the prolific batsman will be heading to England to play county cricket for Surrey.
- He said Afghanistan will not play against India in Test matches in the new FTP from 2019-2023 even as they will play all top nations, including Australia and England.
- The trouble-torn Afghanistan currently play their home matches at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, and also have two ‘home’ bases in India — Greater Noida and Dehradun.
- He added Afghanistan will play bilateral home and away series against England, Australia, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland and Bangladesh as per the next FTP.