Times of India – NEW DELHI: It is no secret that in the 2018 IPL Chris Gayle has rediscovered his touch that once made him a force to reckon with in the shortest forma.
- In four matches, Gayle has 252 runs with 23 sixes, and more importantly, his form has done wonders for Kings XI Punjab , placed fourth on the leaderboard with 10 points from seven matches.
- For a side that has seemed to struggle in the past, Ashwin and his boys have found their groove pretty early this season,” Richards wrote.Rahul, in seven matches, has 268 runs under his belt at an average of 38.32 and strike rate of over 170.
- From seven games, Nair has 186 runs @ 31 and his 50 against the Delhi Daredevils was detrimental in KXIP winning the match by six wickets.
- “Kings XI never held back and have brought something new to the pitch each game under the able captaincy of Ashwin; whether it’s a Gayle storm or KL Rahul’s smart innings or young Ankit Rajpoot’s five-for.
- It will be fabulous to see Punjab make it all the way to the top, post their struggles over these past few seasons,” added Richards.