Stabroek News – (IPL) The Mumbai Indians lifted from the floor of the VIVO IPL 2018 standings after they defeated Kings XI Punjab by six wickets at the Holkar Cricket Stadium last night.
- After opting to bowl and restricting the hosts KXIP to 174-6, MI chased down the runs in 19 overs riding on the back of a well-constructed half-century from Suryakumar Yadav and middle-order blitzes from Captain Rohit Sharma and Krunal Pandya.
- Suryakumar Yadav feasted on one bowler – Ankit Rajpoot – but played out the others respectfully; he scored 31 runs from 18 balls off Rajpoot, and made 26 from 24 balls against the rest.
- Yadav dominated the opening partnership – contributing 28 runs to the 38-run stand – and then settled down; he brought up his half-century in the tenth over when he cut away a wide delivery through point – getting to the milestone in 34 balls.
- Rohit’s 24 – off 15 balls – contained a boundary and two sixes (both off Mujeeb ur Rahman in the 17th over), while Krunal’s 31 – made from 12 balls – contained four boundaries and two sixes.
- Krunal opened his account with a boundary, and then added 24 runs off five consecutive balls; after picking up 4, 4, 6 off the final three balls of the 18th over bowled by Stoinis, he hit Andrew Tye for a 4 & 6 when he got on strike the following over.