Mid-day – Mumbai player Suryakumar Yadav plays a shot during an T20 2018 cricket match against Punjab at Holkar Stadium in Indore on Friday.
- Mumbai player Suryakumar Yadav plays a shot during an T20 2018 cricket match against Punjab at Holkar Stadium in Indore on Friday.
- Pic/PTIOpener SuryaKumar Yadav’s 57 run knock and some useful contributions from other batters helped Mumbai beat Punjab by six wickets in an T20 2018 match here on Friday.
- Middle-order batsmen Rohit Sharma (24) and Krunal Pandya (31) then forged an unbeaten 46 run partnership for the fifth wicket to overhaul the target with one over to spare.
- Punjab somewhat squandered a great 54-run start by openers Lokesh Rahul (24 off 20) and Gayle (50 off 40 balls), before picking pace towards the end as Stoinis deposited Hardik Pandya for two sixes and as many fours to milk 22 runs off the final over.
- Stoinis then played a cameo of a 15-ball 29, while Mayank Agarwal chipped in with 11 runs down the order to help Punjab reach a healthy score.