Daily Mail UK – Australia’s cricketers will just have to bear English taunts over the ball-tampering affair on tour next month for the one-day international series, spinner Nathan Lyon has said.
- Australia’s cricketers will just have to bear English taunts over the ball-tampering affair on tour next month for the one-day international series, spinner Nathan Lyon has said.
- Australia will bring a new-look squad led by test captain Tim Paine for the five-match series, with former skipper Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner suspended for their parts in the scandal in South Africa.
- Nathan Lyon admits Australia’s players will just have to simply deal with English fan taunts Lyon will feature on a one day international tour in England under new captain Tim Paine (left)’I’ve never played in England where they haven’t given it to us,’ Lyon told reporters on Tuesday.
- Australia were involved in a huge scandal in South Africa after tampering with the ball Cameron Bancroft used sandpaper to rough up the ball during a Test match in South Africa Bancroft (left) and Steve Smith soon admitted the transgression in a press conferenceThe damage to Australia’s reputation was far-reaching, with local fans disgusted and a major sponsor abruptly ending its support of the team.
- AUSTRALIA TOUR GAMES VS ENGLAND June 13: First ODI (The Oval)June 16: Second ODI (Cardiff)June 19: Third ODI (Trent Bridge)June 21: Fourth ODI (Durham)June 24: Fifth ODI (Old Trafford)June 27: T20 (Edgbaston) Cricket Australia has launched reviews into the players’ behaviour and its own operations, and Lyon said he hoped the England tour could be a fresh start.