India Today – Rohit Sharma was elated after Mumbai Indians condemned Kolkata Knight Riders to a massive 102-run defeat at Eden Gardens to stay in the race for a top-four finish in the Indian Premier League.
- Also Read – Dinesh Karthik rues dropped catches after KKR slump to 102-run defeatPut in to bat, Mumbai Indians rode on Ishan Kishan’s blazing 21-ball 62 and lower-order fireworks by Ben Cutting who smashed 25 off 9 balls to post a mammoth 210/6.
- Chasing a record target at Eden Gardens, KKR’s chase never took off with Sunil Narine falling on the second ball of the first over bowled by Mitchell McClenaghan.
- Former KKR player Suryakumar who has been MI’s batting mainstay this season, then threw away a strong start, pulling a Chawla half tracker to Rinku Singh at deep midwicket.
- At the end, it was all thanks to Ishan that Mumbai finished with a huge score that ultimately broke KKR’s morale in their own den.
- It was Mumbai Indians’ second largest victory in terms of runs and they also kept their record intact against KKR registering their 8th successive win against the Kolkata-based franchise.