Hindu – The Renigunta railway station turned into a happy jamboree of the cricket lovers for a while on Friday as the special IPL Express chugged in.
- The 1,100 and odd fan of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) team, who boarded the special train in Chennai on Friday morning to Pune, the next venue for the match their favourite team is playing, did exactly the same as the CSK team members do:‘Whistle Podu’.
- The train with 14 coaches was on its way to Pune to facilitate the fans watch the cricket match slated for Sunday (May 13) when their favourite CSK team will take on the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) team.
- It may be noted that the matches scheduled to be held in Chepauk stadium in Chennai were cancelled following the agitation over the Cauvery water dispute and shifted to Pune.
- The India Cements Limited, the sponsoring company, arranged the special train for the fans to cheer up their team.
- They did the ‘Whistle Podu’, the slogan which became famous in the form of a short film showing the Dhoni team whistling their way into the stadium.