Hindustan Times – Yuzvendra Chahal is confident ahead of the England tour despite India’s key limited-overs spinner no longer being an unknown quantity after standout performances since his debut in June, 2016.
- (DD v RCB HIGHLIGHTS)The 27-year-old from Haryana has also been a vital member of Royal Challengers Bangalore in the last five seasons and his 21 wickets took Virat Kohli’s team to the final of IPL 2016.
- His success along side Chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav for India has vindicated skipper Virat Kohli’s faith in wrist spinners, though Chahal came in for some punishment in South Africa, where India won the ODI and T20 series.
- READ | IPL 2018 sees third pitch invasion, Virat Kohli latest target for eager fanRCB’S DEATH BOWLING WOESChahal admitted RCB need to improve their death over bowling, but said it was not an issue with India.
- Chahal, who called himself an IPL product, was successful in the last four seasons, taking 12 wickets in 2014, 23 in 2015, 21 in 2016 and 14 in 2017.
- After IPL, Chahal — he has 43 ODI wickets and 35 T20 scalps – will head to the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore to prepare for the Ireland and England limited-overs series.