Hindustan Times – Australia batsman Cameron Bancroft has been cleared to play Premier Cricket in Western Australia while he serves a ban for ball tampering.
- Australia batsman Cameron Bancroft has been cleared to play Premier Cricket in Western Australia while he serves a ban for ball tampering.
- READ | MS Dhoni scares Ravindra Jadeja in hilarious fashion – Watch videoBancroft was due to be playing for Somerset, but the county cancelled his contract following the Cape Town fiasco – which also resulted in Steve Smith and David Warner being given one-year bans.
- The 25-year-old will get some time in the middle before his ban ends in December, though, after the Western Australian District Cricket Council voted 14-2 in favour of him playing for Premier Cricket for Willetton.
- READ | Australian cricket in safe hands with Justin Langer: Jason GillespieBancroft is still contracted to Western Australia and Perth Scorchers and is set to join them for pre-season training in June.
- Newly appointed Australia head coach Justin Langer stated that he would happily welcome back Bancroft, Smith and Warner once their suspensions end.