Gulf News – Kings XI Punjab Karun Nair will replace Virat Kohli in the Indian team, who will take on debutants Afghanistan.
- Kings XI Punjab Karun Nair will replace Virat Kohli in the Indian team, who will take on debutants Afghanistan.
- Kolkata: Back in the Indian Test cricket team after more than a year, middle-order batsman Karun Nair says he is now working to become an all-format player in future.
- Nair, who scored an unbeaten 303 against England in the fifth Test in Chennai two years back, will lead the India A side in the four-day matches in the UK.
- It’s a great opportunity for us as a team to be playing in England and learning how to play cricket in England,” said Nair, who played his last Test against Australia in Dharamsala last year before being dropped to accommodate Rohit Sharma in the playing XI.
- Talking about Kings XI, who are experiencing a downturn after losing four of their previous five games, Nair said it’s time to get their act together at the business end of the season.