The Telegraph – The England Wales Cricket Board is to hold crisis talks with Surrey next month over the Oval hosting the new Hundred competition.
- The England Wales Cricket Board is to hold crisis talks with Surrey next month over the Oval hosting the new Hundred competition.
- The meeting has been called by the board to ascertain that Surrey are totally committed to hosting the tournament at the Oval when it launches in 2020.
- But Surrey also want answers from the ECB over what the tournament will look like and what will happen to other cricket during the four-week window at high summer when the competition is due to take place.
- Surrey are county cricket’s richest club and the Oval redevelopment over the next few years will make it the biggest ground in England.
- It is impossible to see the tournament taking place without the Oval as a host venue, but relations between the board and Surrey have plummeted this year.