Pakistan Today – DUBLIN: On Monday, Kevin O’Brien became the first Irish batsman to score a century in men’s Test cricket.
- Today, Pakistan will be looking to stop the flow of runs from the Irish and take the last three wickets before Ireland can put up a big score.
- The last thing Ireland needed was to gift Pakistan a wicket via a runout and yet that is exactly how an opening-stand eventually worth 69 runs ended when Joyce set off for a needlessly tight single before failing to beat Faheem Ashraf’s direct hit from midwicket.
- Amir struck with his 29th ball Monday when Niall O’Brien, Kevin’s brother, had his stumps uprooted for a wicket greeted with the bowler’s familiar arms outstretched celebration.
- Best known for hitting the fastest-ever World Cup hundred, off 50 balls, against England at Bangalore in 2011, Kevin O’Brien made Ireland’s maiden Test memorable with his hundred.
- Pakistan took the new ball with Ireland 193 for six but Kevin O’Brien´s response was to clip Abbas for a legside boundary.