The Age – “If you have the talent the Australian team has and put it with his mindset it’s going to be hard not to get results.
- “The way he manages players is exceptional,” Cartwright said.
- He was always a super talented player but after two years of Justin coaching him, the next thing you know he’s debuting for Australia at 34 or 35.
- “If you can see the light in someone at that age, it’s a pretty big example of how he can evolve players even when they are at the latter end of their career.”
- But after registering two low scores against India in last September ‘s ODI series and struggling in state cricket Cartwright lost his Cricket Australia contract last month.
- But the personable 26-year-old hasn’t given up on getting back into the fold for next year’s World Cup in England and hoping the experience of playing county cricket will help his cause.