Daily Mail UK – When Dominic Bess makes his Test debut against Pakistan at Lord’s next week, he will be very much the baby of England’s dressing room.
- When Dominic Bess makes his Test debut against Pakistan at Lord’s next week, he will be very much the baby of England’s dressing room.
- Dominic Bess is in line to make his England Test debut against Pakistan at Lord’s next weekAt Lord’s, he will become England’s 17th youngest Test cricketer, only 10 days older than team-mate-to-be Jimmy Anderson was when he made his debut in 2003.
- Bess made his first-class debut against them in 2016, and while he failed to take a wicket, he ensured Somerset earned a draw by batting almost an hour on the final afternoon.
- Devon native Bess honed his early skills alongside family members at Sidmouth CCThen, last summer, he took six for 28 on his County Championship debut, removing Warwickshire’s Jonathan Trott and Ian Bell with successive deliveries.
- Bess produced the best Somerset bowling debut for 55 years against Warwickshire in 2016 55Bess returned bowling figures of 6 for 28 on his Championship debut in 2016 – the best figures by a Somerset Championship debutant since Tony Pearson’s 7 for 63 fifty-five years previously.