The Yorkshire Post – Yorkshire have confirmed that Australian Billy Stanlake will no longer represent the Vikings during this summer’s T20 Vitality Blast.
- The fast bowler was pencilled in to represent Yorkshire for a minimum of 12 matches during the competition, but Cricket Australia have now vetoed that decision.
- Langer is thought to want Stanlake to focus more on red-ball cricket and hence the decision to pull him out of the Vikings’ T20 campaign.
- Martyn Moxon, Yorkshire’s director of cricket, says the withdrawal is “disappointing” for the club.
- “Now the new Australia coach (Langer) is in place, they want him to play some different cricket to T20 during the period he was due to be with us.
- Despite having played just two first-class matches due to his vulnerability to injury, the last of which came in November, 2015, Stanlake is thought to believe that red-ball cricket could prove to be his best format.