Fox Sports Australia – AUSTRALIAN and Sydney Sixers all-rounder Ashleigh Gardner is set to return to her NSW roots, after being named in the Lendlease Breakers squad for the upcoming 2018/19 season.
- AUSTRALIAN and Sydney Sixers all-rounder Ashleigh Gardner is set to return to her NSW roots, after being named in the Lendlease Breakers squad for the upcoming 2018/19 season.
- Pic: Cricket NSWSource: SuppliedAfter winning their 19th WNCL title earlier this year and navigating a busy season that included WBBL and national duties within it, coach Jo Broadbent is looking to continue to build and grow young talent as the womenâ€™s schedule becomes even busier.
- â€œWe have a great blend of established leaders of the game with the likes of Ellyse Perry, Alyssa Healy and Rachael Haynes and young, talented up and coming players like Rachel Trenaman, Belinda Vakarewa and Lauren Cheatle to name just a few,â€� Broadbent said.
- â€œThis depth of experience really complements the younger players and we are invested in continuing to develop these players and give them as many opportunities as possible this season as they are the future of NSW and Australian cricket.
- Pic: AAPSource: AAPBREAKERS 2018/19 SQUAD: Sarah Aley (Bowler), Nicola Carey (All-rounder)*, Lauren Cheatle (Bowler), Rene Farrell (Bowler), Ashleigh Gardner (All-rounder)*, Maisy Gibson (Bowler), Lisa Griffith (All-rounder), Rachael Haynes (Batter)*, Alyssa Healy (Wicketkeeper and batter)*, Mikayla Hinkley (Batter), Saskia Horley (All-rounder), Carly Leeson (Batter), Ellyse Perry (All-rounder)*, Lauren Smith (Bowler), Naomi Stalenberg (Batter), Rachel Trenaman (All-rounder), Hannah Trethewy (Wicketkeeper), Belinda Vakarewa (Bowler), Tahlia Wilson (Batter).