News – AUSTRALIAN and Sydney Sixers all-rounder Ashleigh Gardner is set to return to her NSW roots, after being named in the Lendlease Breakers squad for the upcoming 2018/19 season.
- AUSTRALIAN and Sydney Sixers all-rounder Ashleigh Gardner is set to return to her NSW roots, after being named in the Lendlease Breakers squad for the upcoming 2018/19 season.
- ON SHOW: Aussie women headlining IPL exhibition matchSTAYING PUT: Super Netball to remain in winterGardner was named in the impressive 19-strong squad which includes five players from the Australian Women’s Cricket Team, four members of the National Performance Squad, four Shooting Stars and three Australian Under-19 players.
- After winning their 19th WNCL title earlier this year and navigating a busy season that included WBBL and national duties within it, coach Jo Broadbent is looking to continue to build and grow young talent as the women’s schedule becomes even busier.
- “Maintaining a sense of stability and continuity is essential going into such a busy season, particularly after the retirement of captain Alex Blackwell, so we have kept our squad largely unchanged other than the addition of Ashleigh Gardner.
- BREAKERS 2018/19 SQUAD: Sarah Aley (Bowler), Nicola Carey (All-rounder)*, Lauren Cheatle (Bowler), Rene Farrell (Bowler), Ashleigh Gardner (All-rounder)*, Maisy Gibson (Bowler), Lisa Griffith (All-rounder), Rachael Haynes (Batter)*, Alyssa Healy (Wicketkeeper and batter)*, Mikayla Hinkley (Batter), Saskia Horley (All-rounder), Carly Leeson (Batter), Ellyse Perry (All-rounder)*, Lauren Smith (Bowler), Naomi Stalenberg (Batter), Rachel Trenaman (All-rounder), Hannah Trethewy (Wicketkeeper), Belinda Vakarewa (Bowler), Tahlia Wilson (Batter).