Indian Express – By:
Reuters | London | Published: May 18, 2018 8:39:26 Lalchand Rajput has replaced Heath Streak in Zimbabwe camp.
- By: Reuters | London | Published: May 18, 2018 8:39:26 Lalchand Rajput has replaced Heath Streak in Zimbabwe camp.
- (File)Zimbabwe has appointed former India batsman Lalchand Rajput as interim coach amid turmoil after Heath Streak, his backroom staff, the captain and the chairman of selectors were all fired.
- Zimbabwe Cricket said Thursday that Rajput would be in charge for the triangular Twenty20 series with Australia and Pakistan in July.
- The firing of Streak and his backroom staff, captain Graeme Cremer and chairman of selectors Tatenda Taibu came in March after Zimbabwe failed to qualify for next year’s 50-over World Cup, the first time it won’t be at the tournament since 1979.
- Zimbabwe cricket has been plagued for years by battles between the players and the board over unpaid wages.