Himalayan Times – England’s Gary Ballance in action.
- England’s Gary Ballance in action.
- Photo: ReutersLONDON: England batsman and Yorkshire captain Gary Ballance is taking a break from cricket for personal reasons, his county said on Friday.
- “Captain Gary Ballance is set to miss several Royal London One-Day Cup fixtures after the Club, this week, granted him some time away from the game due to personal reasons,” Yorkshire said.
- The 28-year-old, who has 23 test caps for England, missed Yorkshire’s most recent County Championship game against Surrey at the Oval, with Joe Root taking over the captaincy on that occasion.
- Steven Patterson was named captain for Friday’s Royal London Cup opener against Durham at The Himalayan Times