Sky Sports – Chennai Super Kings confirmed their place in the IPL first qualifier to deny Kings XI Punjab a play-off place.
- Chennai Super Kings confirmed their place in the IPL first qualifier to deny Kings XI Punjab a play-off place.
- SCORECARD | AS IT HAPPENED | IPL TABLEAfter Delhi Daredevils’ victory over Mumbai Indians earlier on Sunday, Kings XI needed to beat Chennai by at least 53 to overhaul Rajasthan Royals and take the final play-off on net run-rate.
- Needing to restrict Chennai to 100 or fewer to progress, Ankit Rajpoot (2-19) gave Kings XI hope with a brilliant spell of swing bowling with the new ball, having Faf du Plessis (14) caught behind before pegging back Sam Billings’ off stump next ball.
- Suresh Raina was rewarded for his early resilience, going through to fifty shortly after Chahar (39) had taken 21 from a Ravichandran Ashwin over to end Kings XI’s play-off pursuit.
- Chennai will now play Sunrisers Hyderabad for a place in the final on Tuesday with Rajasthan, confirmed as the final side through to the play-offs, taking on Kolkata Knight Riders in the eliminator on Wednesday; Kings XI end the season in seventh.