Times of India – MUMBAI: Even as he enhanced his growing reputation by stroking 245 runs in nine [email protected]
- It wasn’t the only learning that Shaw gained through the gruelling rigmarole of the IPL for the first time in the IPL.
- Known already as a fearless striker of the ball, the IPL seems to have removed any self-doubt that may have occurred to him before facing an international bowler.
- Almost a decade back, after leading India to the Under-19 World Cup title, Virat Kohli had admitted that playing in the IPL was a far more challenging experience than playing U-19 cricket for the country.
- During the IPL, former Australian batsman Mark Waugh, who was here as a commentator, quipped that Shaw’s batting style reminded him of Sachin Tendulkar.
- The IPL done and dusted, Shaw now wants to shift his focus on the forthcoming tour to England with the India A team.