Cricket World – ICC Cricket Committee Appoint Belinda Clark, Kyle Coetzer and Mike Hesson
Former Australia women’s captain and ICC Cricket Hall of Famer Belinda Clark, Scotland captain Kyle Coetzer and New Zealand national team coach Mike Hesson have been appointed to the ICC Cricket Committee.
- ICC Cricket Committee Appoint Belinda Clark, Kyle Coetzer and Mike Hesson Former Australia women’s captain and ICC Cricket Hall of Famer Belinda Clark, Scotland captain Kyle Coetzer and New Zealand national team coach Mike Hesson have been appointed to the ICC Cricket Committee.
- ©REUTERSClark has been appointed as the women’s cricket representative and replaces Clare Connor (who has completed her third and final three-year term), Coezter has replaced Ireland’s Kevin O’Brien as the Associate Members representative (Ireland is now a Full Member, which means O’Brien has become ineligible) and Hesson has taken over from Darren Lehmann (who resigned as Australia national team coach in March and has become ineligible).
- The ICC Cricket Committee is representative of all stakeholders in the modern game, including players, umpires and the media.
- Under Hesson, New Zealand achieved their highest Test, ODI and T20I rankings, rising to third in Tests in July 2015, second in ODIs in May 2016 and No.1 in T20Is in May 2016.
- The ICC Cricket Committee is:Chairman – Anil Kumble (former India captain)Ex-Officio – Shashank Manohar (ICC Chairman) and David Richardson (ICC Chief Executive)Past Player representatives –Andrew Strauss (former England captain); Mahela Jayawardena (former Sri Lanka captain)Current Player representatives – Rahul Dravid (former India captain); Tim May (former Australia off-spinner and ex-CEO of FICA)Full Member team coach representative – Mike Hesson (New Zealand team coach)Associate Members representative – Kyle Coetzer (Scotland captain)Women’s Cricket representative – Belinda Clark (Former Australia captain, ICC Cricket Hall of Famer and two-time World Cup winning captain)Full Member representative – David White (NZC chief executive)Media representative – Shaun Pollock (former South Africa captain and a respected commentator)Umpires’ representative –Richard Kettleborough (member of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires)Referees’ representative – Ranjan Madugalle (ICC chief match referee and former Sri Lanka captain)MCC representative – John Stephenson (MCC’s Head of Cricket)Related ArticlesChance for England to bridge gap with New Zealand in series against Pakistan David Richardson’s statement on working group post New Delhi meeting Shashank Manohar elected unopposed to serve second term as independent ICC Chairman Suggested Topics