2oceansvibe News (South Africa) – Did anyone else wake up in the middle of the night and hope that AB’s retirement was just a bad dream, before rocking themselves back to sleep?
- Some stats below from Cricinfo:1 – AB de Villiers is the only batsman who has played 50-plus innings at a 50-plus average and a 100-plus strike rate in ODI cricket.
- The batsman who comes closest is MS Dhoni, who had a 50-plus average and a 100-plus strike rate after 42 ODI innings.
- 2 – Batsmen who have scored 5000-plus runs at 50-plus average in both Tests and ODIs: de Villiers and Virat Kohli.
- 62.11 – De Villiers’ Test average at No.
- 71.16 – De Villiers’ average in his last Test series, the second highest among among batsmen who have scored 300-plus runs in their last series, in the last 30 years.