Cricket365 – Australia fast bowler Pat Cummins has revealed that he felt ill when he saw the images of Cameron Bancroft concealing a piece of sandpaper in his trousers during the third Test against South Africa.
- Cummins had completed an excellent spell on the day nabbing the wicket of Hashim Amla but at that moment Australia got a kick in the teeth.
- As in the first two Tests Australia were competing well on the first two days in another heated contest but that moment would come to define the series and took the fight out of the tourist.
- Cummins said: “The Cape Town Test was really good the first two days.
- It would only be the next day that the magnitude of the reaction to the incident was brought home on those in the team.
- “You know it’s big news but don’t really know the magnitude,” Cummins said.