Pakistan Today – Ed Joyce, who many regard as Ireland’s greatest-ever batsman, has retired from all forms of cricket with immediate effect.
- Ed Joyce, who many regard as Ireland’s greatest-ever batsman, has retired from all forms of cricket with immediate effect.
- Though he played a key role in Ireland’s qualification for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007, Joyce’s ODI debut came for England against the country of his birth in 2006.
- He made one century for his adopted team, against Australia in Sydney in 2007, but enjoyed his best years after switching back to Ireland ahead of the Cricket World Cup 2011.
- “I am very grateful to Cricket Ireland for giving me the opportunity to get involved in the coaching set-up.
- “It is pretty hard to sum up in just a few words how much of an impact Ed has had on Irish cricket and how much of an all-round great person he is,” said Ireland captain William Porterfield.