India Today – Sunrisers Hyderabad skipper Kane Williamson was full of praise for star player Rashid Khan after his all-round brilliance floored Kolkata Knight Riders in the Qualifier 2 of the Indian Premier Legaue on Friday.
- Dinesh Karthik heartbroken as KKR fail to reach finalChasing 175 for victory, KKR were blown away by Rashid’s brilliance before Shubman Gill (30; 20b; 2×4, 1×6) batted brilliantly to take the game till the last over when 19 runs were needed off six balls.
- In the next ball, Rashid was in the thick of things again, taking Gill’s catch to end their fight as KKR finished on 161/9 in 20 overs.
- MATCH PICTURESRashid smashed a whirlwind 10-ball 34 to pull Sunrisers out of a hole and propel them to 174/7 before returning spectacular figures of 3/19 in four overs as the Kane Williamson-led franchise made their second IPL final.
- Rashid gave away just three runs in the first over and accounted for Robin Uthappa (2) in the very first ball of his second over.
- Coming in to bat when Sunrisers were still below par on 134/6, Afghanistan’s Rashid smoked two fours and four sixes to stitch together a 36-run unbroken eighth wicket stand off 11 balls with Bhuvneshwar (5 not out) as 50 runs came in the final three overs.