New Indian Express – Express News Service
It is easy to imagine how AB de Villiers must have felt the morning after his cryptic announcement that he’s through with his international cricket.
- He could have done it after the successful Test series against India and Australia earlier in the year, like teammate Morne Morkel.
- He could have done it even after the IPL season, which was like all his years, good for him and not his team Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- De Villiers quit when people were looking forward to a couple more years of super entertainment from him.
- Four days after RCB went out of the IPL, he returned home and posted a quiet video from the stadium in Pretoria where he played most of his cricket as youngster and made his debut 14 years ago.
- He dropped a hint of quitting exactly a year ago in England when he pulled out of the Test series and returned home to spend time with his family after South Africa lost the ODI and T20I.