ITV – The Prime Minister echoed the frustration of many England cricket fans as she watched Joe Root’s team struggle at Lord’s.
- The Prime Minister echoed the frustration of many England cricket fans as she watched Joe Root’s team struggle at Lord’s.
- Theresa May watched Pakistan drive home their advantage as England toiled in the field on day two of the first test match of the summer.
- As the visitors built a first-innings lead, the Prime Minister acknowledged she would have liked to have seen a better performance from England’s bowlers at the home of cricket.
- She said it was “lovely to spend a few hours” at the test match but added: “If only we’d seen one or two more wickets…” The Prime Minister is a keen cricket fan whose favourite player is former England batsman Geoffrey Boycott.
- “It’s the fact he just stuck in there and got on with the job,” she said during an appearance on BBC’s Test Match Special last year.