Gulf News – London: A galaxy of former and current stars will be in action at the iconic Lord’s on Thursday to play an exhibition match between the ICC World XI and the West Indies and help raise funds for the refurbishment of five cricket stadia in the Caribbean that were damaged by Hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017.
- Whichever combination Afridi and Andy Flower, the World XI coach, decide to put out on the field should provide excellent competition to the defending ICC World T20 champions.
- Carlos Brathwaite, who hit Ben Stokes for four successive sixes to win the Windies the last ICC World T20 at Kolkata’s Eden Gardens in April 2016, is the captain of the Windies side, and the squad has some fantastic T20 talent in their midst.
- T20 stars Chris Gayle, Andre Russell, Evin Lewis and Badree are the big names in Brathwaite’s line-up, while in Marlon Samuels, Andre Fletcher, Rovman Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Kesrick Williams and others, there’s a lot of firepower.
- ICC World XI: Shahid Afridi (captain), Sam Billings (wicketkeeper), Sam Curran, Tamim Iqbal, Tymal Mills, Dinesh Karthik (wicketkeeper), Rashid Khan, Sandeep Lamichhane, Mitchell McClenaghan, Shoaib Malek, Thisara Perera, Luke Ronchi (wicketkeeper) and Adil Rashid.
- West Indies: Carlos Brathwaite (captain), Samuel Badree, Rayad Emrit, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Ashley Nurse, Keemo Paul, Rovman Powell, Denesh Ramdin (wicketkeeper), Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels and Kesrick Williams.