Rediff – IMAGE: Rashid Khan had a successful stint in IPL-11, claiming 21 wickets from 17 games for Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Photograph: BCCITeen sensation Rashid Khan and fellow spinners Mujeeb ur Rahman, Zahir Khan and Hamza Hotak have been named in the 16-member Afghanistan squad for the inaugural one-off Test match against India, starting in Bengaluru, from June 14.
- Rashid had a successful stint in the recently-concluded 11th edition of the Indian Premier League, where he finished with a total of 21 wickets for runner-ups Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- In addition to Mohammad Shahzad, wicketkeeper-batsman Afsar Zazai has also been named in the Test squad against India, ESPNCricinfo reported.
- Darwish Rasooli, who performed consistently in the recently-concluded first class tournament, has also been successful of convincing the selection committee to seal a spot in the T20I squad.
- Squads:Squad for India Test: Asghar Stanikzai (captain), Javed Ahmadi, Ihsanullah, Mohammad Shahzad (w/k), Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Nasir Jamal, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Afsar Zazai, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Amir Hamza, Sayed Shirzad, Yamin Ahmadzai, Wafadar, Zahir KhanSquad for Bangladesh T20Is: Asghar Stanikzai (captain), Najeeb Tarakai, Usman Ghani, Mohammad Shahzad, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Najibullah Zadran, Samiullah Shenwari, Shafiqullah, Darwish Rasooli, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Gulbadin Naib, Karim Janat, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Shapoor Zadran, Aftab Alam.