Geo.tv – Lord’s cricket ground.
- Photo: Reuters LONDON: ICC World XI won the toss and elected to field first against West Indies on Thursday at Lord’s.
- Pakistan’s former captain Shahid Afridi is leading the ICC World XI against the West Indies in place of England’s Eoin Morgan, who withdrew due to a fractured finger.
- Part of the campaign was a cricket match that was played at Edgbaston and featured the likes of Imran Khan and Ian Botham in the World XI.
- In 2005, the Melbourne Cricket Ground hosted the World Cricket Tsunami Appeal in match between the World XI, led by former Australia captain Ricky Ponting, and Asia XI which was captained by India’s Sourav Ganguly.
- SquadsICC World XI: Shahid Afridi (captain), Sam Billings (wicketkeeper), Sam Curran, Tamim Iqbal, Tymal Mills, Dinesh Karthik (wicketkeeper), Rashid Khan, Sandeep Lamichhane, Mitchell McClenaghan, Shoaib Malik, Thisara Perera, Luke Ronchi (wicketkeeper), Adil RashidWest Indies: Carlos Brathwaite (captain), Samuel Badree, Rayad Emrit, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Ashley Nurse, Keemo Paul, Rovman Powell, Denesh Ramdin (wicketkeeper), Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Kesrick WilliamsThe match will begin at 10pm Pakistan Standard Time.