Hindustan Times – One of the most pleasing sights in the recently-concluded Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018 was KL Rahul’s strokeplay.
- With India’s middle-order woes getting worse, Rahul hopes a successful IPL stint will help him cement his place in the side and he is even ready to shoulder the responsibility of a finisher.
- Whatever cricket I played for India in the last 2-3 years, I used that experience in this IPL (2018) and played with a clear mind,” Rahul, who has played 10 ODIs, said in a media interaction in Mohali.
- READ | ICC World XI vs West Indies T20: Evin Lewis guides Windies to 72-run victorySince the 2015 World Cup, India have tried quite a few players at No.
- With MS Dhoni showing glimpses of his old self in this year’s IPL and Rahul returning to the ODI fold after being dropped last year, India will hope their middle-order conundrum gets solved, with the World Cup just 12 months away.
- Playing ODIs before Tests advantage Rahul also said that playing the limited-overs series against England before the Tests will serve as a big gain to India.