Pakistan Today – By Amir Husain
Regarded as one of the most popular and knowledgeable television commentators today, former England player and coach David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd has graced television screens since 1999.
- In this interview, he speaks about his impressions of Sarfaraz Ahmed’s inexperienced Test side during the recently concluded Test tour of Ireland and England, Shadab Khan’s future as a top-quality all-rounder, why Mickey Arthur is doing an excellent job as Head Coach for Pakistan, his willingness to travel to Pakistan in future and his memories of some of the Pakistan greats such as Javed Miandad and What are your thoughts on the current Pakistan Test side?
- David Lloyd: I feel that Pakistan have a good varied attack and at Lord’s, they jumped on a situation where England were all out for 184 and you just have to bat past them.
- David Lloyd: Any young team that represents Pakistan has a lot to live up to because of what’s gone on in the past where you have had some fabulous players.
- And I feel it must be the same in Pakistan with young players coaching themselves by watching Younis Khan, Waqar Younis and Mohammad Amir, Saqlain Mushtaq and Shadab Khan – they just mimic those players and get on with it.
- David Lloyd: I have been on tour to Pakistan years ago and we had a great time, it was fantastic and a lot of fun, and the people were lovely as well.