West Australian, The – Australia’s leading indigenous cricketers are pushing for their cultures to be celebrated during a stretch of the Big Bash League (BBL).
- Australia’s leading indigenous cricketers are pushing for their cultures to be celebrated during a stretch of the Big Bash League (BBL).
- “However with so many indigenous men and women now playing in the BBL and WBBL, I think it would be great for every player to be able to celebrate their culture and our teammates to learn more about our culture via a full indigenous round.”
- VideoD’Arcy Short joined the biggest money-makers after dominating the Big Bash League.
- Short, who is in the mix to partner Aaron Finch at the top of the order in this month’s ODI series, joined Christian and Gardner earlier this year in a small group of indigenous players to have represented Australia.
- Doggett, who will play alongside Christian and Scott Boland on the Aboriginal XI tour, feels a BBL-wide celebration would help CA build on recent rises in indigenous participation while prompting plenty of discussions at the eight franchises.