GiveMeSport – Legendary all-rounder Andrew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff has backed England’s opening bowlers after criticism of the pair’s recent performances.
- Legendary all-rounder Andrew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff has backed England’s opening bowlers after criticism of the pair’s recent performances.
- After England were defeated at Lord’s by Pakistan, former captain Michael Vaughan questioned Broad and Anderson’s contribution to the side and continued inclusion.
- Vaughan shouldn’t need any reminding of the pair’s record for England, so perhaps a little faith in their ability wouldn’t have gone amiss…
- Flintoff’s optimism will hopefully resonate throughout the cricketing world as we look to move on from the disappointment of the recent Ashes and test against New Zealand.
- Broad and Anderson must continue to produce wickets in the upcoming test series against India and Sri Lanka as pressure mounts on Andrew Strauss and the ECB selectors to bring in young seamers such as Jamie Overton and Tom Helm to replace the legendary duo who between them have amassed 945 test wickets.