Daily Mail UK – Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting will join new coach Justin Langer’s support team for Australia’s limited-overs tour of England.
- Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting will join new coach Justin Langer’s support team for Australia’s limited-overs tour of England.
- Ponting, who was already set to be in the UK on commentary duties, will link up with Langer for the five one-dayers and one Twenty20 game against England.
- Ponting coached Australia’s T20 team in 2017 alongside Langer against Sri Lanka at home, and with Darren Lehmann for the T20 tri-series earlier this year involving England and New Zealand.
- “Ricky is one of the greats of the game and, since he was already in England doing some commentary, we saw it as a great opportunity to have him join our team for this important series,” Langer said.
- “Ricky’s knowledge of the game is second to none, and we know that his experiences, tactical expertise and leadership will be invaluable for this group, as we start to build a team capable of winning a World Cup in these conditions in a year’s time.”