Otago Daily Times – Otago captain Rob Nicol has announced his retirement in one word – “finished”.
- Otago captain Rob Nicol has announced his retirement in one word – “finished”.
- Nicol’s departure means the Volts will be missing a fifth experienced first-class campaigner next summer.
- His retirement follows the high profile departures of Neil Wagner, Jimmy Neesham and Derek de Boorder, while Otago premier batsman Neil Broom has also retired from first-class cricket but will continue to play limited-overs cricket.
- He played most of his first-class cricket for Auckland (85 games) but also had a stint in Canterbury before finishing his career in Otago.
- In one-day cricket Nicol reached 151 games and scored 4747 runs at an average of 35.20, including nine hundreds.