Rediff – IMAGE: Kevin Pietersen during the 6th M.A.K.
- India is still not comfortable with the idea of playing day-night Tests, but former England captain Kevin Pietersen today made a strong statement when he said that pink ball matches is the only way forward to save the game’s traditional format.
- Pietersen stated that marketing Test cricket is the need of the hour for the custodians of the game.
- Pietersen said entertainment value of Test cricket needs to be increased.
- “Because, having played every form of cricket in every corner of the cricketing globe, I remain 100% convinced that the five-day Test remains the supreme form of the game,” Pietersen stressed.
- Further emphasising on his point, Pietersen said T20 may be ruling the roost but it is Test cricket which eventually showcases the character of a player.