Daily Mail UK – England and Australia renew their rivalry at the Oval on Wednesday in the first of five One-Day internationals.
- England and Australia renew their rivalry at the Oval on Wednesday in the first of five One-Day internationals.
- Australia will bid to heal wounds from March’s ball-tampering scandal by employing the football-style ritual of both set of players shaking hands before play.
- Captain Steve Smith and deputy David Warner were banned for a year over the ball-tampering incident in March’s third Test against South Africa that shamed Australian cricket.
- Cameron Bancroft – who doctored a ball with sandpaper amid South Africa’s 322-run win in Cape Town – was also banned for nine months by CricketAustralia, with head coach Darren Lehmann resigning soon after despite being cleared of any involvement.
- Morgan confirmed England will agree to Australia’s request, the hosts ready to help advance a positive view of the sport.