Breaking News – England are hoping to wrap up one-day international series victory early by opening up an unassailable 3-0 lead over Australia at Trent Bridge.
- England are hoping to wrap up one-day international series victory early by opening up an unassailable 3-0 lead over Australia at Trent Bridge.
- Here, Press Association Sport assesses the current state of play:Surreal timesEngland are bidding for an eighth victory in their last nine attempts over five-time World Cup winners – and current holders – Australia.
- Captains on the mendTim Paine suffered a bloody nose in the second ODI (Nigel French/PA)Both Eoin Morgan and Tim Paine are due to take charge in Nottingham, after recovering from their respective Cardiff ailments.
- Morgan had to sit out the second ODI when he suffered a last-minute back spasm, and England could be heartened by Jos Buttler’s response as his able deputy.
- World Cup pointersEngland are top of the International Cricket Council ODI rankings while after defeat in Cardiff, Australia have slipped to sixth and therefore officially their lowest ebb in this format since 1984.