Cricket365 – Scotland have roped in former Zimbabwe coach Heath Streak as a consultant during ongoing T20 tri-series in the Netherlands.
- Scotland have roped in former Zimbabwe coach Heath Streak as a consultant during ongoing T20 tri-series in the Netherlands.
- Streak, who played 65 Tests and 189 ODIs for Zimbabwe, was also recently the coach of the African team but was sacked after they failed to qualify for the World Cup, which will be held in England next year.
- Streak revealed that Scotland head coach Grant Bradburn had first approached him and asked for him to be associated with the team and that he was happy to oblige.
- The now 44-year-old Streak said: “They (Scotland) have really improved since the 2015 Cricket World Cup in Australasia and have now got a consistently competitive team.
- “Grant Bradburn, the head coach of Scotland, asked me if I could share my T20 experience with them as a consultant to help the team as well as the coaches to evolve in that format and I was happy to share my knowledge and experience with them.”