News18 – An extremely familiar waft draws you to the by lanes of the Afghan colony.
- “If I go to a restaurant and the TV is playing some cricket match of Afghanistan, then I watch it,” Ameeri said.
- Ali feels that even though the Afghanistan cricket team practices in the Greater Noida stadium in India, it is hard for Afghanistan players to actually progress.
- The first time Ali met the kids of his friends, he assumed that they were Indian – they were speaking fluent Hindi and playing a game of cricket.
- “During cricket matches I see them cheering for India with more passion than they have for Afghanistan.”
- For the Afghans living in New Delhi’s Lajpat Nagar, India has gradually crept into their culture– in their cuisine, language and even cricket.